Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scholarly Question of the Day

Customer inquiring about dosage & measurement for a LIQUID medication for her pet... "Is that a HEAPING tablespoon or LEVEL tablespoon?" Oy, where do they come from?

In other news... Life is going quite well for me right now. I've gotten the bulk of my spring cleaning finished and I had a small dinner party the other day... Smaller than I expected; some of my close friends canceled at the last minute, but it was still a good time regardless. A nice little side benefit of the low turnout is that I've a whole bunch of grill meat and party food left over. Looks like I'll be eating un-healthy for the next few days :).

Since my depression lifted, my gardening muse has become active again... so all the flowerbeds which laid fallow last year are gradually being weeded and fixed back up.... there is still a lot of work to be done on them, but I enjoy having fresh-cut flowers for the table. I actually find gardening to be a form of relaxation. I am collecting seeds from gardens of loved ones and places that I hold dear. I am saving them in the freezer so that when I buy my own house & land (hopefully within a few years), I will begin to sow a memory garden filled with plants that mean something more to me than just their appearance.

2 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

If it were me, I'd have said "heaping tablespoon," just to give her the brain-enrichment exercise she so clearly needed. ;-)

Nonsequitur said...

Ooooh, that's evil! Maybe I should have ;-P.