Friday, November 03, 2006

Lily-White Marzipan Armpit Cream

Oooooh, another pointless title that has nothing to do with this post... surprise surprise (or not, if you are a frequent reader of this blog).

Tonight I went on a dinner date with a gentleman by the name of James, who I met at my party a couple weeks ago. We went to Mai Thai, a great thai restaurant on the main downtown strip in Hanover, NH. After that, we went to see The Departed at The Nugget Theater. All in all, a lovely evening.

In other news, I spent this past weekend up in northwest VT with my sister and grandmother where we had an early celebration of my birthday (that's right folks, I'm now 27, time to break out the metamucil and the walker). I ended up receiving many lovely gifts, including a sharp set of clothes from my sister and grandmother, a DVD recorder/vcr combo from my parents, and a dremel tool just arrived in the mail from my little brother. I don't believe I've ever gotten so many useful and much-needed gifts on a single birthday. What a blessing!!!


One of the more unusual gifts I've received in recent times. We have a bit of a long-running family joke concerning smoked salmon sandwiches.

The back yard at my grandmother's place, gardens winding down to sleep for the winter.

My sister & grandmother's cat, Miss Jane, aka: Jane Doe Kitty, Madame Pickulus.

I have a slightly odd fascination with knick-knacks and colored glass items sitting in windows, which I believe comes from having seen so many scenes like this in my grandmother's house.

A lovely view of Camel's Hump mountain on the stretch of interstate just below Burlington, VT.


Halloween spirit at my workplace



Hmmm... and a couple of humorous time-wasters that I would recommend: A twistedly funny ICQ prank perpetrated by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka of somethingawful.com, and yet another flash offering from Fat-Pie entitled: Video Dating Tape. Fair warning: this animation is not for those without a dark, twisted sense of humor. If you watch it and laugh raucously like I did, it will likely mean that you need psychiatric intervention, however viewing this film may be the cause of needing psychiatric intervention whether or not you find it funny.

4 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

super photos! I love the one of you with the fish carcass.

Nonsequitur said...

Why thank you, and I had some of said carcass the other morning with neufchatel on wasa crackers!!! One of my many zen food moments.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I had a feeling you might be a Scorpio...;) And easy on the walkers and metamucil! I'm pushing 27 too...*grins*

Nonsequitur said...

"I had a feeling you might be a scorpio" - you have no idea how often I hear that :)