Friday, April 07, 2006

Unusual Landlord

OK, so my landlord is now 1 week past due to collect his rent check... this is the latest he's ever gone without collecting. I wake up about an hour and a half earlier than I should today because I hear him banging equipment around down in the basement. I rush to throw on some clothes so I can run down and give him his rent check, but when I get down there he is gone. Then this occurred to me: I've never heard of anyone having to chase down a landlord to give them a rent check. Isn't it usually the other way around? Oh well, par for the course considering how odd my life is sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous, my landlord is usually knocking down my door at 8am every saturday looking to collect. cool blogg btw.

Mike Airhart said...

My partner and I must mail our rent check a week before it's due, otherwise we get hit with an $80 late fee. (On top of $1,700 for a two-bedroom space in a duplex.)

Time for us to move to more affordable places, like Connecticut.

Nonsequitur said...

Daaaaaang, and I thought I was a little strapped paying just over $700 for a 3br. You consider Connecticut affordable? I must be priveleged :P. BTW Mike, XGW is awesome, keep up the good work ;)