Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fashion???!!




I found this link on Boingboing a while ago and passed it around to some of my friends. It is entirely possible that I am merely showing (or flaunting) my ignorance of the world of fashion, but would somebody please explain to me how this qualifies as, "fashion?"!!! She looks like a freakin' balloon animal for Heaven's sake! Will this be what people in the high society of Paris or Dresden be sporting at social events? What purpose does an ensemble like this serve (besides wearing it to wave at people driving by in front of a gas station or fast food joint). Or is this merely a modeling agent's way of telling her that she either needs to lose weight or that her career is over? Avante garde or embarassing? I'm thinking a bit of the former and a lot of the latter. Decide for yourselves.

No comments: