Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pet Peeve List.

Several friends and acquaintances of mine have blogged a running list of pet peeves that they add to from time to time... and what a good idea it is. So here is the start of mine:

Pet peeve #1 - A person who asks you the same question over and over again in a short span of time, somehow expecting the answer to be different (because they didn't like the truthful answer that they were given the first time). I frequently encounter these when dealing with customers at work and they drive me to teeth-grinding distraction. It is like being locked in a telephone booth with rain man. I believe I once heard a line in a movie that gave this as the definition of insanity:"doing the same thing over and over again with the expectation of a differing results". I wonder if this could also be the causative factor of some insanity instead of just a manifestation.

No comments: